Foundation Stage Phase Leader
Foundation Stage Phase Leader Required in South Leeds (LS11)
Are you a driven educator with leadership experience? Do you want to make a difference in children’s lives? Do you have a desire to inspire the Foundation Stage of a friendly and vibrant school? Are you ready to consider a new position for Easter?
A vibrant and friendly school in South Leeds are looking for a Foundation Stage Phase Leader to join their inspiring and passionate team! If you think this sounds like an opportunity for you, please ready below and get in touch!
This friendly and vibrant school is located in South Leeds.
The teaching team aim to make teaching as fun as possible through creative and engaging lesson to encourage the ‘love of learning’. They value creativity and innovation and teachers that go the extra mile for their pupils.
This school are constantly involved in extracurricular activities including sports activities, community events and most recently ‘Young Voices’ where a chosen 30 will be performing at the Sheffield arena!
They highly value strong relationships between the school and home to promote better engagement and therefore better results from pupils. They achieve this by providing a Family Support Worker within their school. Additionally, the whole staff team go above and beyond in their community to make all parents feel supported and welcome.
- At least 4 years of teaching experience
- Leadership experience preferred
- Inspirational with high aspirations for pupils
- Passionate and willing to go the extra mile
- Altruistic individual committed to community cohesion
- Understanding of social barriers that pupils may face
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Someone who will simultaneously be a leader and a team player
- Motivating of the self, other members of staff and the pupils
- Specialist and up to date knowledge of Foundation Phase
Some responsibilities include:
- Being accountable for promoting effective teaching and learning and stimulating a learning environment across the phase, alongside evaluating outcomes.
- Monitoring and being accountable for the standards of achievement in the Phase, based on prior attainment and analysing progress through assessments and data, ensuring targets are met.
- Use specialist knowledge and experience to inform and enhance teaching and learning within the Phase.
- Encouragement and development of shared understanding of the contribution the school makes to all aspects of pupils’ lives and the wider community.
- Involvement in team planning and ensuring all lessons are creative and fun to promote maximum engagement and the ‘love of learning’.
- Leading and managing identified projects, which support all staff in raising standards through innovative approaches to learning and teaching.
- Ensuring a smooth transition from Reception to Year 1/2 by encouraging independence and development of self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Ensuring that parents are well informed about the curriculum, targets, children’s progress and attainment in the Phase to promote strong relationships between the school and home.
Who are Supply Desk?
- Supply Desk are a nationwide agency working with teachers and schools across the UK. We aim to match teachers with schools to fulfil our motto of ‘finding a job you love’.
- Supply Desk are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.
- Like you, we are committed to transforming the lives of children through the placement of inspirational teachers alongside the promotion of own intervention packages such as Love2Read – a bespoke Reading Intervention proven to boost reading age by up to 2 years
- In addition, refer a friend and get £100 if they work 5 days for us!
Don’t delay if you are driven, altruistic, and enthusiastic to educate the young minds of tomorrow, please apply today!