Premises Assistant – Full Time – Bexley
Premises Assistant – Full-time – Bexley
Supply Desk is working with an Outstanding Secondary school in the Bexley area, recruiting for a Premises Assistant to start ASAP and continuing till Christmas. The role itself will be full-time but will reduce down to part-time closer to Christmas, giving more work-life balance in the festive period!
The school has a supportive and organised team of caretakers and maintenance staff that care about the wellbeing and safety of the children. The role will involve shift work but later hours would be a rarity if required.
- Responsibility for ensuring the safeguarding and safety of students and staff
- Practical DIY skills to carry out minor repairs
- Ability to manage own workload
- Awareness of health, safety, security and hygiene issues
- Good problem solving skills
- Making sure that heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly
- Making sure that doors and windows are locked when the building is not in use
- Checking the premises to guard against vandalism or break-ins
- Opening up the building in the morning and locking it at the end of the day
- Arranging chairs and tables for meetings and clearing away afterwards
- The ability to work flexibilty and to work as part of a team
- Enhanced DBS checked. If you have a normal DBS we can assist you with your application
- Experience as a Premises Assistant/Caretaker is essential
- Be available to start ASAP
- Live in local area desirable.
Please call Drew on 0203 962 4000 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org today to find out more about this role and the other long term supply opportunities available. For a full list of our current vacancies visit www.supplydesk.co.uk
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.
In addition!! Do you know other great teachers or support staff? Simply refer a friend and we will pay you £100 for every person you refer to us once they have worked for 5 days.
Supply Desk is an equal opportunities employer and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community.