We are pleased to be able to offer the popular two year TIQ Teacher Training Course through our sister company, Teach In.
Teach in Qualified (TIQ) is an exciting new teacher training course. This two year programme enables university graduates to obtain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) whilst working in schools, and getting paid for it! Unlike other teacher training courses, it won’t cost you a penny to do the training. In fact, you’ll be making money.
At the end of the two year training programme (which gives you more time to develop into an excellent teacher than the typical one year course) you’ll be a qualified teacher. Your QTS will be no different to if you had done any other teacher training course. The big difference, though, is there’s no cost to the trainee teacher, just a reliable, regular income!
Developed by a leading and well-respected SCITT (school-centred initial teacher training) provider, this bespoke programme teaches you how to teach in a real classroom environment. It will equip you with the necessary skills, knowledge and theory to kick-start your career in teaching. Over the two-year period, you will gradually progress from a Teaching Assistant position. You’ll start co-planning with an experienced teacher, and progress to teaching small groups. Eventually you will be teaching independently, with the support of your own school-based mentor.
How is the TIQ Teacher Training Course different to other courses?
- You’ll earn money, rather than spending it on course fees. TIQ pays for your training fees, and you will earn a salary as you learn.
- Because the programme stretches over two years you have the flexibility to develop at a pace that suits you, with more time to become an excellent teacher.
- You can start at any point in the academic year, unlike other courses with a compulsory September start date. Although our main starting points are January, April and September, a school has the o
ption of starting at any point in the year.
- Unlike other school based training routes, you’ll have a cohort of other trainees that you can share your experience with.
- The out-of-school training days are held in the school holidays, so you’ll get the most of your in-school experience.
Why should I choose the TIQ Teacher Training Course?
- Earn while you learn
- Flexibility of start date
- Learning over two years rather than one year enables you to develop and hone your skills at a steadier pace than other courses
- Quality schools: to ensure you have the right support in place, the schools that participate in this programme are chosen because of their capacity to train and develop happy, skilled trainees
- Your school based mentor will work closely with our SCITT Provider to ensure you have a tailored training plan that perfectly suits you.