ADHD Support Required
For your future education career aspirations, would you like to take on the role of ADHD Teaching Assistant in this South Manchester School?
If you are a confident graduate searching for essential and meaningful classroom experience, this ADHD Teaching Assistant post is for you!
Supply Desk are working closely with a school in South Manchester who are looking for a Teaching Assistant to join their busy team. The Head teacher of this Primary school is keen to meet passionate and dynamic graduates who already have some prior SEN experience and are keen to grow and develop their skill set.
About the role:
- Working as part of an established SEN department as a graduate Teaching Assistant
- Supporting pupils with ADHD
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Assisting in development of pupils
- Encouraging and engaging pupils with ADHD
- Working closely with a teacher to develop pupils to their fullest potential
- Working on 1:1 basis as well as across the classroom with ADHD children
- Working closely with SENCO
About the school:
- Primary school who is a specialist in working with ADHD children
- Supportive environment with strong leadership skills
- Situated in South Manchester with easy access by public transport
- Continued commitment to pupils and their families
- Warm and friendly approach
- School offers interesting and engaging activities to meet every pupils needs
- Endorsed by parents for amazing level of support to both children and their families
About the right candidate:
- A graduate interested in Special Educational Needs and a future in teaching or Educational Psychology
- Previous experience, voluntary or paid, of ADHD and Special Educational Needs preferable but not essential
- Psychology Degree or similar
- Exceptional social and communication skills
- Display enthusiasm, be proactive, have lots of initiative and able to prioritise support
- Have a real focus in classes to break down expectations and encourage learning
- Willing to travel to South Manchester due to location of the school
If you are interested in this Teaching Assistant role in South Manchester, from January 2021 working with ADHD children or have any other experience within special needs sector, please email your CV to Hamza.email@example.com or call 0161 832 8092.
Do you know other great teachers or support staff? Simply refer a friend and we will pay you £100 for every person you refer to us once they have worked for 5 days. Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All of our roles are subject to stringent checks and procedures. To apply for this role you need to provide or apply for an enhanced DBS certificate.