Autism Specialist Required
Are you a caring and patient person with excellent communication skills? Are you passionate about impacting children’s lives that need help the most?
Supply Desk are working closely with a school in South Manchester and are looking to appoint Learning Support Assistant with experience supporting a child with 1:1 Autism from November 2019. This South Manchester School are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible Learning Support Assistant that can adapt well and wants to have an impact on children’s lives and their future.
About the role:
- Learning Support for children with Autism on 1:1 basis or small group
- Start date November 2019
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Assisting in development of pupils
- Encouraging and engaging pupils with Autism
- Working closely with a teacher and following individual plans
- Working on 1:1 basis with Autism
About the school:
- Situated in South Manchester with easy access from A34
- Well established and accredited
- Warm and friendly approach
- Pupils describe as their “safe heaven”
- Fair treatment with individual plans to match every pupil’s needs
- Endorsed by OFSTED for Leadership and Vision
About the right candidate:
- Previous experience with Autism
- Previous classroom experience as a Learning Support Assistant preferable but not essential
- Willing to adapt to a new challenge everyday
- Supportive and open minded approach to working with autistic children with a strong communication skills
- Willing to travel to South Manchester due to location of the school
If you are interested in this learning support assistant post in South Manchester, from September 2019 and have extensive experience working with Autism or have any other experience with special needs, please email your CV to email@example.com or call 0161 832 8092.
Do you know other great teachers or support staff? Simply refer a friend and we will pay you £100 for every person you refer to us once they have worked for 5 days.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All of our roles are subject to stringent checks and procedures. To apply for this role you need to provide or apply for an enhanced DBS certificate.