Behaviour Support Assistant – Central Southampton
Behaviour Support Assistant Required in Central Southampton
Do you have experience working with children with challenging behaviours?
Are you a good relationship builder?
Supply Desk are looking to recruit for a Behaviour Support Assistant for a secondary school in Southampton. The school is looking to recruit a learning support assistant with extensive experience supporting pupils with barriers to learning, who display challenging behaviour. Whilst supporting children on a 1:1 or small group basis, as a learning support assistant, you would be expected to show a calm, caring and nurturing approach as building positive relationships is key to improving behaviour within school.
You would be working very closely with the SENCO and inclusion team to help support behaviour in Year 7 in particular, however there is scope to support behaviour and autism in other areas of school too.
About the school…
- Graded ‘GOOD’ by OFSTED
- Supportive and welcoming staff members
- Supportive SENCO and inclusion team
About the role…
- Assist the development of the pupils
- Building a rapport
- 1:1 support for a child with challenging behaviour
- Some attention issues leading to challenging behaviour
- Ability to differentiate work to cater for children’s learning on an individual basis
- Support learning in and outside the classroom
- Build effective communication and relationships with the child and other children
For more information, please contact us on 02380230340 or alternatively email a recent copy of your CV to Southampton@SupplyDesk.co.uk.
Do you know other great teachers or support staff? Simply refer a friend and we will pay you £100 for every person you refer to us once they have worked for 5 days.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All of our roles are subject to stringent checks and procedures. To apply for this role you need to provide or apply for an enhanced DBS certificate.