BEHAVIOUR SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Are you an understanding and reliable behaviour support assistant seeking a new challenge?
Do you have good behaviour management skills and able to work effectively with children with challenging behaviour?
Supply Desk are recruiting!
We are seeking a passionate behaviour support assistant who can work closely with a primary school to support an excluded pupil in the child’s home.
- Working closely with the school, parents and a KS2 pupil in the child’s home
- Supporting the child with personal and emotional needs, understanding the reasons for the pupils behaviour
- Promoting and modelling positive behaviour
- Using positive re-enforcement, encouragement and tailored strategies to support the child with social engagement and communication
- The main goal is to integrate the child back in to education
- Part time role, 8:30am-12.30pm hours may increase to suit the child’s needs
- Pay rate £9-£10 per hour
- North Manchester M40
- September start
- Understanding and nurturing
- Great behaviour management, firm but fair
- Experience working in a school setting & alongside other professionals desirable
- Ideally have a work background of social work, youth work, PRU, SEN TA , military, sports coach
- Team work and excellent communications skills essential
- Behaviour management training such as ‘Team Teach’ would be an advantage
- DBS registered to the online update service is mandatory
Who are Supply Desk?
- Supply Desk are a nationwide agency working with teaching staff and schools across the UK. We aim to match teaching staff with schools to fulfil our motto of ‘finding a job you love’. With top rates of pay, excellent customer service and commitment to your development with programs like Team Teach, Jolly Phonics and Jolly Grammar, Supply Desk are an agency that will fulfil your needs.
- Supply Desk are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.
- Like you, we are committed to transforming the lives of children through the placement of inspirational teaching staff alongside the promotion of own intervention packages such as Love2Read – a bespoke Reading Intervention proven to boost reading age by up to 2 years
- In addition, refer a friend and get £100 if they work 5 days for us!
If you would like to know more about the role or to apply please send your CV/ covering letter to daniel.kerry @supplydesk.co.uk or call the Manchester branch on 0161 832 8092