Behaviour Support Assistant
Are you a resilient and reliable SEN teaching assistant seeking a new exciting role?
Do you have good behaviour management skills and able to work effectively with children with challenging behaviour?
Supply Desk are recruiting!
We are seeking a passionate behaviour support assistant who can work closely with a pupil with SEMH and challenging behaviour in a primary school.
Outside specialists recommend that this child works better with males however this will not affect the applications as long as you have the relevant skill set.
- Working 1:1 with a young boy with SEMH and challenging behaviour
- Supporting the child with personal and emotional needs
- Using positive re-enforcement, encouragement and tailored rewards systems to support the child to complete work and set tasks
- Working closely with teachers, professionals and parents to provide updates and feedback
- Full time, temporary position for as long as the child remains at the school
- Pay rate £60-£65 per day
- Bury M25
- September start
- Understanding and nurturing
- Great behaviour management, firm but fair
- Experience working in a school setting & alongside other professionals desirable
- Team work and excellent communications skills essential
- Behaviour management training such as ‘Team Teach’ would be an advantage
- DBS registered to the online update service is mandatory
Who are Supply Desk?
- Supply Desk are a nationwide agency working with teaching staff and schools across the UK. We aim to match teaching staff with schools to fulfil our motto of ‘finding a job you love’. With top rates of pay, excellent customer service and commitment to your development with programs like Team Teach, Jolly Phonics and Jolly Grammar, Supply Desk are an agency that will fulfil your needs.
- Supply Desk are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.
- Like you, we are committed to transforming the lives of children through the placement of inspirational teaching staff alongside the promotion of own intervention packages such as Love2Read – a bespoke Reading Intervention proven to boost reading age by up to 2 years
- In addition, refer a friend and get £100 if they work 5 days for us!
If you would like to know more about the role or to apply please send your CV/ covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Manchester branch on 0161 832 8092