Supply Desk is looking to recruit a Biology teacher in Berkshire. This post is full time and long term. Competitive pay, Easter 2021 start.
M5-M6 pay rate
Full time (part time considered)
Long term with potential for a permanent placement
The experienced head teacher leads an outstanding team of senior staff. Together they rigorously monitor and support teachers to improve teaching standards and the rate of students’ progress. Teachers have a very good understanding of their students’ abilities and they have high expectations for their progress.
- Plan lessons, present information, promote discussion, assess performance and modify learning techniques in the study of biology for students in high school
- Deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group
- Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials and teaching programmes
- Be accountable for the attainment, progress and outcomes of students’ you teach
- Be aware of students’ capabilities, their prior knowledge and plan teaching and differentiate appropriately to build on these demonstrating knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn
- Have a clear understanding of the needs of all students, including those with special educational needs; gifted and talented; EAL; disabilities; and be able to use and evaluate distinctive teaching approaches to engage and support them
- Demonstrate an understanding of and take responsibility for promoting high standards of learning
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject
- PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience
For more information and registration details please contact Jenny on Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01923295338 or 01494840527 or 01296752499
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.