British Sign Language teaching Assistant
British Sign Language Teaching Assistant – Hearing Impaired 1:1 – ASAP Start – Full or Part Time – South Buckinghamshire
Supply Desk are pleased to be helping a mainstream primary school located in south Buckinghamshire in their search for a teaching assistant on a 1:1 or small group basis to support children with a Hearing impairment.
A small primary school located in south Buckinghamshire with a friendly and family like feel where everyone including pupils and staff are encouraged to look after each other. It is an inclusive environment where all backgrounds, individual needs and faiths are welcomed and celebrated. The school is Ofsted rated good and it is their mission is to make every child and family feel part of the community and to develop happy pupils who love to learn.
The Role – Essential Requirements for a British Sign Language Teaching Assistant – 1:1 and small group – Hearing Impaired:
- Providing a calm and nurturing approach
- Previous experience of working with children or in a profession with transferrable skills such as care
- The ability to adapt resources to ensure lessons are inclusive as the child is hearing impaired
- Be able to provide lots of sensory experiences inside and outside of the classroom
- The ability to work as a team with the class teacher and another TA to ensure progress is monitored and planned for
- British sign language level 1 minimum qualification
- NVQ in Childcare and Education Or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- British sign language level 2 or 3 would be an advantage
- Previous experience of using Makaton or Makaton trained
- Experience of supporting social and emotional development
Please contact us today if this role as an British Sign Language Teaching Assistant in a south Buckinghamshire
Primary school is of interest, we would love to hear from you!
Supply Desk can offer you:
* Competitive rates of pay
* Recommend a friend bonus scheme
* Out of hours on-call service
* Day to day or long term assignments
Supply Desk is working in partnership with Buckinghamshire Local Authority and represent a host of opportunities in Buckinghamshire and the surrounding areas including Middlesex and Hertfordshire. In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way. Please visit our website www.supplydesk.co.uk.
To take full advantage of this opportunity please forward your CV to email@example.com
or call Jenny Harrison on: 01923 295 338 for more information.
Due to the overwhelming response to online advertising, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Supply Desk offer a £100 ‘Golden Hello’ for anyone who introduces a teacher/teaching assistant. Get in touch for further details. (AGY)
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.