BSL teaching Assistant
British Sign Language Teaching Assistant – Easter 2021 Start – Full Time – High Wycombe area
Supply Desk are pleased to be helping a school located in the High Wycombe area in their search for a teaching assistant on a 1:1 or small group basis to support children with a Hearing impairment using british sign language.
A school located in the High Wycombe area with a friendly and family like feel where everyone including pupils and staff are encouraged to look after each other. It is an inclusive environment where all backgrounds, individual needs and faiths are welcomed and celebrated.
The Role – Essential Requirements for a British Sign Language (BSL) Teaching Assistant:
- Providing a calm and nurturing approach
- Previous experience of working with children or in a profession with transferrable skills such as care
- The ability to adapt resources to ensure lessons are inclusive
- Be able to provide lots of sensory experiences inside and outside of the classroom
- The ability to work as a team with the class teacher and another TA to ensure progress is monitored and planned for
- British sign language level 1 minimum qualification
- NVQ in Childcare and Education Or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- British sign language level 2 or 3 would be an advantage
- Previous experience of using Makaton or Makaton trained
- Experience of supporting social and emotional development
Benefits of working with Supply Desk:
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive:
- Pay to scale
- Safeguarding training
- Weekly pay
- Dedicated team on hand for support
- Designated consultant
- £100 for referring a friend referral fee for any successful referrals of friends or colleagues who work 5+ shifts
Please contact us today if this role as an British Sign Language Teaching Assistant in the High Wycombe area in a
Primary school is of interest, we would love to hear from you!
Supply Desk is working in partnership with Buckinghamshire Council and represent a host of opportunities in Buckinghamshire and the surrounding areas including Berkshire, Middlesex and Hertfordshire. In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way. Please visit our website www.supplydesk.co.uk.
To take full advantage of this opportunity please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Jenny Harrison on: 01494 840 527 for more information.
Due to the overwhelming response to online advertising, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.