Design Technology Textiles Teacher Needed
Design Technology Textiles Teacher
Start date: September 2021 Start
Contract: Long Term, Full Time.
We at Supply Desk are looking for a resourceful and driven Graphic Design Technology-Textiles teacher in the Buckinghamshire area.
A prominent Secondary School are currently looking to recruit a Graphic Design Textiles teacher to join their team who shares their same desire to succeed. Having built a reputation for achieving academic excellence, the Head Teacher together with the successful Senior Leadership Team look to recruit staff who can not only help to maintain this but continue to push their students to achieve more success.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable skills or build upon existing experience in an education setting. We welcome applications from experienced secondary teachers and NQTs alike.
What you will do:
- Support students in their GCSE and BTEC pathways through Design and Technology Textiles.
- Provide an understanding of the nature and philosophy of design and technology in schools for the age phase 11-16.
- Create innovative lesson planning and class management, based on a sound understanding of the importance of effective assessment and monitoring strategies.
- Instil an understanding of the broader responsibilities of design and technology in the general school community and its local and national settings.
Requirements for the role:
- Current valid DBS or the willingness to obtain one.
- Hold QTS / PGCE or the equivalent.
- Able to provide two years’ worth of employment references.
- You will be required to work confidently with Key Stage 3-5 pupils.
- Able to commute in and around Berkshire
Benefits of working with Supply Desk:
- Own designated consultant.
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Pre- books.
- Free training.
- £100 for referring a friend referral fee for any successful referrals of friends or colleagues who work 5+ shifts.
- Flexibility around your working hours.
- Bookings in and around your local area.
If you would like to hear more about this exciting opportunity, then please give me a call on 01923 295 300 or email your up to date CV to Raja.Singh@supplydesk.co.uk
Supply Desk is working in partnership with Local Councis. In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development, we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet safer recruitment standards.