Early Years SEN Teaching Assistant
Early Years Autism Teaching Assistant required for Manchester Primary school, M18.
Early Years Teaching Assistant
Autism and Global Delay
Supply Desk are continuing to work closely with a client primary school in the Manchester, M18 area. Due to the intake of a new child, this Manchester based school are looking to appoint a teaching assistant with autism experience for their Early Years department.
An infant primary school with outstanding facilities within the early years, as an autism specialist teaching assistant, you would be joining a well thought of phase within the school. They would be able to offer you focused support with the SENCO and the learning plans for the child will be clearly laid out. As a teaching assistant in the Early Years, having experience of working with autism (ASC) is important as you would be expected to work on a 1:1 basis with this child.
- ASC – Autism Support within the Early Years
- 1:1 support for a child who is non-verbal
- Creating interaction with other children
- The child has a form of Global Delay / Personal Care
- Withdrawal work when necessary
- Full time
- Experience of working with Autism – Children or Young People
- Experience of using PECS & Makaton
- Knowledge of SLCN
- Nurturing approach
- Able to communicate with children with little speaking ability
- Communication through visual aids
For more information, please contact us on 0161 832 8092 or alternatively email a recent copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you know other great teachers or support staff? Simply refer a friend and we will pay you £100 for every person you refer to us once they have worked for 5 days.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All of our roles are subject to stringent checks and procedures. To apply for this role you need to provide or apply for an enhanced DBS certificate.