Graduate Teaching Assistant – Tameside
Graduate Teaching Assistant Required in Tameside
Are you an aspiring individual with a degree who is looking to gain paid experience working as a Graduate Teaching Assistant?
Are you a recent Graduate in or around Tameside?
Are you currently undertaking a PGCE course or plan to start one?
If so we have a number of OFSTED ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ schools in and around Tameside looking to take on committed and charismatic graduates who want to begin their long-term career in education. We are looking for Graduates who are motivated to make a difference, who will work effectively with experienced SLT departments and teachers to raise engagement, attainment and understanding across all abilities and key stages.
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant, you will be expected to provide classroom, 1-1 and small group support, with strong potential to gain experience helping teachers with planning, preparation, classroom management and tracking student progress.
Working as a Graduate Teaching Assistant is a great way to gain insight and experience ahead of your future career, whilst also filling an important role in boosting pupils understanding and engagement through classroom support and intervention.
- Open minded and confident Graduate
- Tameside Schools with terrific transport links
- Delivering pre-prepared lessons and the associated work
- Behavioural management of pupils
- Supervising work and adhering to school policies
- Dealing with immediate problems and emergencies according to school policies and procedures
- Collecting completed work and returning to appropriate teacher
- Competitive rates of pay and invaluable experience in return
- Educated to degree level- Graduate
- Experience teaching, tutoring or coaching children would be beneficial
- Enthusiastic, confident, energetic and resilient attitude
- Accessibility to Tameside (helped by the School’s terrific transport links)
Positions available in Primary Education.
For more information, please contact us on 0161 832 8092 or alternatively email a recent copy of your CV to email@example.com
Do you know other great teachers or support staff? Simply refer a friend and we will pay you £100 for every person you refer to us once they have worked for 5 days.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All of our roles are subject to stringent checks and procedures. To apply for this role you need to provide or apply for an enhanced DBS certificate.