Hearing Impaired Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant – Hearing Impaired 1:1
January 2021 start – Slough
Full or Part Time
Supply Desk are pleased to be helping school located in Slough in their search for a teaching assistant on a 1:1 basis to support a child with a Hearing impairment.
A welcoming school located in Slough with a friendly and family like feel where everyone including pupils and staff are encouraged to look after each other. It is an inclusive environment where all backgrounds, individual needs and faiths are welcomed and celebrated. The school is Ofsted rated Outstanding and academic results across all key stages are above the national average. The schools mission is to make every family feel part of the community and to develop happy pupils who love to learn.
The Role – Essential Requirements for a SEN Teaching Assistant – 1:1 – Hearing Impaired:
- Providing a calm and nurturing approach
- Previous experience of working with children or in a profession with transferrable skills such as care
- The ability to adapt resources to ensure lessons are inclusive as the child is hearing impaired
- Be able to provide lots of sensory experiences inside and outside of the classroom
- The ability to work as a team with the class teacher and another TA to ensure progress is monitored and planned for
- NVQ in Childcare and Education Or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- British sign language level 1-3
- Previous experience of using Makaton or Makaton trained
- Experience of supporting social and emotional development
Please contact us today if this role as an SEN Teaching Assistant in Slough is of interest, we would love to hear from you!
Supply Desk can offer you:
* Competitive rates of pay
* Recommend a friend bonus scheme
* Out of hours on-call service
* Day to day or long term assignments
Supply Desk is working in partnership with local authorities and represent a host of opportunities in Slough and the surrounding areas, In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way. Please visit our website www.supplydesk.co.uk.
To take full advantage of this opportunity please forward your CV to email@example.com
or call Zoe on: 07435 552169 | 01923 295300