Oxfordshire – Humanities Teacher – Secondary School – September 2020 – Full Time
Supply Desk has an exciting new opportunity for a Humanities Teacher for a highly accredited School in Oxfordsire. . Rates of pay are competitive.
With good transport links, the school is easily accessible via car and train and also has parking onsite.
The Secondary School prides themselves on helping the pupils to reach their full potential. A full range of extra curricular activities are offered to give plenty of opportunities for everyone.
‘We respect the traditional values of hard work, good manners, and self-discipline, whilst also preparing our students for their future lives in an ever changing world. We benefit from a dedicated and well qualified staff who bring 21st century learning alive for each individual.’
- You must be Qualified to degree level and above to teach in the UK
- Teaching Humanities across KS3 and 4, KS5 would be advantageous and all humanities subjects will be considered
- Experienced in writing a long term curriculum, excellent medium term plans and excellent lesson plans
- Experienced in raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
- Able to show evidence of continually improving the behaviour and culture of groups of students
- Experienced in leading, coaching and managing staff is desirable
- Able to model excellent teaching in your own class
- Able to provide feedback through coaching to other staff
- Able to monitor and evaluate books and the quality of Humanities teaching to improve outcomes
- Able to organise electronic and physical resources, including coordinating with other teachers in the humanities department
- Able to take an active role in organising extra curricular events·
If you are interested in this role or would like to know more please contact Jenny Harrison at Supply Desk on 01494 840 527/ 01296 752 499/ 01923 295 338 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet safer recruitment standards.
We are offering a £100 for any successful recommendations of friends, family, colleagues who work 5+ shifts with Supply Desk. (AGY)