Humanities Teacher – Milton Keynes – Full Time, Long Term – September 2021 Start
Here at Supply Desk we are looking for a creative and pro-active Humanities Teacher to encourage and inspire students within Humanities lessons at an outstanding secondary school in Milton Keynes. The role will involve teaching key stage 3-4 pupils across humanities especailly within your specialist subject – all humanities subjects will be considered.
We are pleased to be supporting a large secondary school located in Milton Keynes in their search for an enthusiastic, dedicated and committed Humanities Teacher. The school has a genuine commitment to the success of its pupils and excellent facilities. They deliver a creative and engaging curriculum recognising students as individuals, playing to their strengths and providing support to extend and develop knowledge where needed. Pupils are attentive to their teachers, collaborate well and are keen to learn. They value the school as a community in which all are accepted and respected. This makes it a fantastic environment for both staff and students.
We welcome applications from experienced secondary teachers and NQTs alike.
- Teaching a full timetable of humanities within your subject specialism to KS3, KS4 and KS5 (if able)
- Teaching mixed ability groups and be expected to plan, prepare and present engaging lessons
- Responsible for managing the behaviour in the classroom and promoting a positive ethos
- Tracking students’ progress and planning accordingly to contribute to raising attainment levels
- Providing opportunities for support and challenge as appropriate
- Delivering lessons using a variety of methods to appeal to all students styles of learning
- Holding extracurricular clubs as well as revision sessions
Requirements for the Role:
- Current valid DBS or the willingness to obtain one
- Hold QTS / PGCE or the equivalent
- Able to provide two years’ worth of employment references
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to education
- Able to commute in and around Hemel Hempstead
Benefits of working with Supply Desk:
- Own designated consultant
- Excellent rates of pay
- Pre- books
- Free training
- £100 for referring a friend referral fee for any successful referrals of friends or colleagues who work 5+ shifts
- Bookings in and around your local area
To take full advantage of this opportunity please forward your CV to email@example.com
or call Jenny Harrison on: 01923 295300 / 07435 552169 for more information.
Due to the overwhelming response to online advertising, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Supply Desk offer a £100 ‘Golden Hello’ for anyone who introduces a teacher/teaching assistant. Get in touch for further details.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.