Learning Support Assistant – SEN
Learning Support Assistants – PMLD /SLD
September 2021 Start
Supply Desk are looking for inspirational Learning Support Assistants who are happy to support children with profound and multiple learning difficulties/ severe learning difficulties (PMLD/SLD) within schools in the Farnborough area.
(A profound and multiple learning disability (PMLD) is when a person has a severe learning disability and other disabilities that significantly affect their ability to communicate and be independent.)
We are looking for Learning Support Assistants with a positive and caring approach who will encourage the pupils to engage and learn. You do not need to have had prior experience but those who have had experience in ‘care’ or ‘support work‘ will find the transition into special needs schools very relatable.
About the role:
- Attend to the personal needs of pupils including the implementation of personal learning programmes that may include social, health, physical, hygiene and welfare objectives.
- Supervise and support children in their access of learning.
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and responding to the needs of each individual child.
- To actively promote inclusive practice within the classroom setting to ensure acceptance of all children.
- Encourage children to play and interact with one another.
- Encourage children to engage in, and participate in learning activities lead by the class teacher.
- Be confident with dealing with any challenging behaviour
- Working with children aged 2-19
Requirements for the role:
- Have a kind and caring nature
- To have a positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Willingness to do personal care and help with feeding
- Experience in a learning support assistant role is desirable but not essential
- Have regard for the need to safeguard pupils’ well-being by following relevant statutory guidance along with school policies and practice
- Current valid DBS on the update service or the willingness to obtain one
- Able to provide two years’ worth of employment references
If you would like to know more about this Learning Support Assistant role in Farnborough please contact Supply Desk on 02380 230340/ 07811 433019 or email your up to date CV jennifer.slater@Supplydesk.co.uk
WE ARE OFFERING A £100 REFERRAL FEE FOR ANY SUCCESSFUL REFERRALS OF FRIENDS/COLLEAGUES WHO WORK 5+ DAYS!
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet safer recruitment standards. (AGY)