Learning Support Assistant – Special Needs
Special Needs – Learning Support Assistant – Post 16 – Uxbridge – January 2020 start
8.45am – 4.30pm – (Students leave at 3.45pm)
PAY – £65 – £80 per day possibly more depending on qualifications, previous experience and performance at interview
Supply Desk are pleased to be supporting a Special Needs school in the Uxbridge area in their search for passionate and dedicated Learning Support Assistants to support their post 16 students in a college style environment. It is a supportive and friendly environment for both staff and students and there are excellent resources and facilities to provide rich lessons and learning experiences. Staff are valued and full training for manual handling especially is offered.
- Care Back Ground or other transferrable professions such as social work or qualifications like a psychology degree
- Proactive approach
- Some students have high medical needsso the ability to be supportive, caring and adaptable to cater to individuals needs is essential
- Keen to learn and has a passion for working with Children with learning difficulties
- Must be happy to provide Personal care
- Epilepsy training is desired but not essential
- Team Teach trained is a bonus
- Need to have a child & Adult DBS currently or be happy to process/ obtain one
- 1 to 1 support in classroom as well as outside the classroom
- Delivering a variety of activities and lessons alongside the class teacher
- Reporting back to the class teacher and multi-agency professionals on students’ progress
- Taking students into Uxbridge town and out in the local community for various activitiesand life skills experiences
If this role as a Learning Support Assistant in a special needs school in Uxbridge supporting post 16 students is of interest we want to hear from you today!
Supply Desk can offer you:
* Competitive rates of pay
* Recommend a friend bonus scheme
* Out of hours on-call service
* Day to day or long term assignments
Supply Desk is working in partnership with Buckinghamshire Local Authority and represent a host of opportunities in Buckinghamshire. In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way. Please visit our website www.supplydesk.co.uk.
To take full advantage of this opportunity please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Jenny Harrison on: 01923 295 300 / 01494 840527 / 01296 752 499 for more information.
Due to the overwhelming response to online advertising, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Supply Desk offer a £100 ‘Golden Hello’ for anyone who introduces a teacher/teaching assistant. Get in touch for further details.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.