LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Teaching Assistant – (Moderate Learning Difficulties)
Full or part time
Excellent Pay rates
Supply desk is pleased to be working with a good rated school in the Padbury area that prides itself on providing a nurturing and inclusive environment for children allowing for them to succeed to the best of their ability no matter what challenges they may face. The school is looking for support with its students, and is looking for an excellent support member of staff who has experience/qualifications in moving and handling. Pupils with MLD may have attainments well below expected levels in some areas of the curriculum, despite appropriate interventions. They will have much greater difficulty than their peers in acquiring basic literacy and numeracy skills and in understanding concepts. They may also have associated speech and language delay, low self-esteem, low levels of concentration and underdeveloped social skills.
The student may need support with:
- Understanding instructions and the requirements of tasks
- Acquiring sequencing skills − for example, when following a recipe or science experiment
- Understanding how they affect and relate to their immediate surroundings
- Personal organisation over the short, medium and long term.
- Visual and auditory memory for information, processes and instructions
The role will require the following responsibilities;
- Supporting SEN students with reading, writing and numeracy.
- Providing students a positive learning atmosphere
- Managing challenging behaviour in support of the class teacher
- Collaborating with the teacher and assisting with creating and delivering activities
- Recording students’ progress and feeding back to the teacher
- Tutoring on a 1:1 or small group basis
The ideal candidate will have /be;
- Previous experience with SEN or a want to work with children with SEN
- Good knowledge of SEN and passion to develop
- Able to manage challenging behaviour
- Able to commit to working fixed days – full or part time.
- Has a clear and valid DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
- Have relevant training to support students with learning difficulties
If you would like to hear more about this exciting opportunity, then please give Waqas a call on 01296 752 499/01923 295 303 or email your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Supply Desk is working in partnership with several Local Authorities and represent a host of opportunities in the boroughs of Barnet, Brent and Enfield. In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development, we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way.
Due to the overwhelming response to online advertising, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Supply Desk offer a £100 ‘Golden Hello’ for anyone who introduces a teacher/teaching assistant. Get in touch for further details.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.