Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant – Intervention Specialists
Gerrards Cross – Buckinghamshire
£70 – 90 per day
Here at Supply Desk we are looking for inspirational Teaching Assistants with KS2 experience for a school in the Gerrards Cross area. We are seeking a Teaching assistant that has a positive and creative approach who encourages pupils to engage and learn. We have been working with schools across Buckinghamshire and the surrounding areas assisting them with their supply staffing requirements since 2002.
About the role:
- Ensure the pupils needs are met and are supported in any way that is needed
- Experience supporting pupils with Moderate Learning Difficulties.
- Utilising learning resources to help pupils catch up on specific subjects
- Working both 1:1 and within small groups supporting pupils learning.
- Work with classroom teachers and subject leaders to support them with the class
- Be confident with dealing with any challenging behaviour
- Working with children aged 4-11
Requirements for the role:
- Transferrable skills from a different profession, such as a care background/Social Worker/Sports Coach/Graduate of Psychology/Ex-Military/Police are desirable
- Experience in a learning support assistant role is desirable but not essential
- Have regard for the need to safeguard pupils’ well-being by following relevant statutory guidance along with school policies and practice
- Current valid DBS or the willingness to obtain one
- Able to provide two years’ worth of employment references
Please call Andre on 01923 295300 or email at Andre.firstname.lastname@example.org today to find out more about this role and the other long term supply opportunities available. For a full list of our current vacancies visit www.supplydesk.co.uk
PLEASE COMPLETE FORM BY CLICKING – Candidate Form – AC
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.
Supply Desk is an equal opportunities employer and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community.