Learning Support Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Uxbridge – Hillingdon
Part Time/ Full Time; Fixed Term Contract/Permanent
£65 – 90 per day
Supply Desk are seeking an SEN teaching assistant and the successful applicant will be:
- Working with a child who has complex needs (autistic spectrum condition) on a 1:1 basis
- Responsible for working with them and supporting their complex needs
- Supporting the class teacher as one of their teaching assistants
- Able to think on your feet to adapt activities to support the child and cater to their needs
- Calm and patient in approach which is a must as this child finds change and transitions particularly difficult.
This is a chance to diversify your own career and move into an incredibly rewarding role within a mainstream primary school setting as an SEN teaching assistant supporting a child with autistic spectrum condition. Applicants with previous experience in an SEN setting, as a 1:1 SEN TA or with transferrable skills from another profession such as elderly care are also welcomed to apply.
This mainstream/SEN school who are looking to appoint an SEN TA who:
- Prides themselves on providing a nurturing and inclusive environment for all children regardless of different needs, abilities and backgrounds
- Allows opportunities for children to succeed to the best of their ability no matter what challenges they may face
Experience in SEN or with Autism or behavioural issues in education is desired and any relevant educational or SEN qualifications will be advantageous. The key skills of an SEN teaching assistant include reliability, a positive and enthusiastic attitude; solution focused, and ideally has relevant experience. If you have previously worked with SEN within a mainstream setting or in a specialist SEN environment, we want to hear from you so please apply today.
Supply Desk is working in partnership with a number of Local Authorities and represent a host of opportunities in Hillingdon. In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way. Please visit our website www.supplydesk.co.uk.
Please give Andre Cruickshank a call on 01923 295 300 | 07787 276 270
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ONLINE FORM BY CLICKING Candidate Form – AC
AND email your up to date CV to Andre.Cruickshank@supplydesk.co.uk