Learning Support Assistant
– Maidenhead –
April or September 2021
Find a new role with Supply Desk starting NOW!
Pay £65-£75 per day
SEN LSA roles now available for you to apply through the leading education recruitment agency, Supply Desk. If you are based in Berkshire change your future now!
- Provide targeted in-class support, as specified in the Learning Support Plan
- Engage students in 1:1 or small group reading activities to boost their confidence and proficiency in this critical skill
- Withdraw students from lessons for specific interventions, when and where it is considered appropriate (for example, additional literacy lessons replacing)
- Seek specialist advice and guidance from external agencies for particular special educational needs and disabilities (for example, access arrangements, special equipment to support pupils who have a sensory impairment)
- Work with classroom teachers and subject leaders to support them to differentiate effectively
- Manage the referral and monitoring system for students who present with an academic or pastoral concern
The school offers competitive rates and welcomes Learning Support Assistants of high professional standard and shares the responsibility with each TA for continual review and the development of expertise. All support staff makes a valuable contribution to the school’s development and, therefore, to the progress of all pupils. The School is equipped with hi tech facilities which support pupils development. The candidate is required to:
- Be an experienced 1:1 SEN LSA
- Have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the academy in which they work as professional members of staff.
- Demonstrate positive attitudes, values and behaviours to develop and sustain effective relationships with the school community.
- Have regard for the need to safeguard pupils’ well-being by following relevant statutory guidance along with school policies and practice.
- Uphold values consistent with those required from teachers by respecting individual differences and cultural diversity.
- Commit to improve their own practice through self-evaluation and awareness.
Benefits of working with Supply Desk:
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive:
- Pay to scale
- Safeguarding training
- Weekly pay
- Dedicated team on hand for support
- Designated consultant
WE ARE OFFERING A £100 REFERRAL FEE FOR ANY SUCCESSFUL REFERRALS OF FRIENDS/COLLEAGUES WHO WORK 5+ SHIFTS
If you are looking for a LSA role starting this April or September, whether full time, part time, long term on or day to day basis please email Alicja.Luambano@supplydesk.co.uk or call 01494 840 527