Learning Support Assistant
Primary Individual Needs Assistant – Newhaven
Do you have experience working with children on a 1:1 basis? Have you got experience working with children with additional learning needs? Do you find it rewarding helping others achieve their full potential? If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you immediately.
This role is full time, to start the first week of May 2021 initially until July, with a view to becoming permanent. You will be working with a Year 1 pupil on the austistic spectrum. He is largely non-verbal with no behavioural issues.
The ideal person for this role will have the following:
* PECS training or experience (desired but not essential)
* Experience working with non-verbal pupils
* Experience with SEN
Responsibilities and requirements:
* Promoting students learning and development
* Supporting students with their emotional and behavioural needs
* Working closely and positively with other team members
* Supporting the teacher taking the class
* Working closely with pupils on a 1:1 basis
* Promoting a caring and safe learning environment
If interested in this role please call Claire at Supply Desk on 01273 609993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org