Learning Support Assistant
SEN Learning Support Assistant
Part Time/ Full Time; Fixed Term Contract/Permanent
Feb 2021 – Excellent Pay Rates
To work under the instruction and guidance of teaching and senior staff to undertake work/care/support programmes; to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher by providing support as identified below. Work may be carried out within the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
- To provide support for pupils, teachers, curriculum and the school
- To carry out school policy as documented or as directed by the Headteacher
- To present the school in a positive way in the community and adhere to the school’s Staff Code of Conduct
- To be aware of the sensitive nature of information gathered during the course of duties and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- To follow the school policy on Equal Opportunities
- To be aware of, and have regard to, the Health and Safety policy of the school. To ensure that agreed procedures are followed in the event of an accident or incident
- To undertake additional duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job
- Provide support for individuals and groups of pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Establish positive and supportive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education or Behaviour Plans
- To support pupils with intimate care needs; to use hoisting equipment, where necessary, attending to individual pupil’s personal hygiene requirements. Intimate care includes feeding; administering medicines; dressing and undressing; washing, including intimate parts; helping someone use the toilet; changing nappies; care associated with continence and menstrual management or carrying out a procedure that requires direct or indirect contact to an intimate personal area.
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance of the teacher
- Have a sound knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Use strategies, in liaison with the teacher, to enable pupils to achieve learning goals
- Assist with the planning of learning activities, more specifically, to assist with planning to enhance outdoor learning
- Monitor pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement and progress as directed; providing detailed feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress or difficulties
- Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with planned programme of work and assist with the display of pupils’ work
- Carry out observations to inform teaching and learning programmes
- Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers
- Administer routine tests and invigilate exams and undertake routine marking of pupils’ work
- Provide clerical/admin support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, money, administer coursework etc.
- Provide ICT support
To take full advantage of this opportunity please forward your CV to email@example.com
or call Waqas on: 01296 752499 | 07917 018329.
Supply Desk offer a £100 ‘Golden Hello’ for anyone who introduces a teacher/teaching assistant. Get in touch for further details.
I look foward to hearing from you