Learning Support Assistant
SEND Teaching Assistant
Part Time/ Full Time; Fixed Term Contract
January 2021 start
Supply Desk are seeking SEND teaching assistants for a January start and the successful applicant will be working with children who have complex needs in a school for children with profound and multiple learning difficulties. You will be responsible for working with children and supporting their complex needs as the teaching assistant alongside the class teacher and a team of TA’s in a rich and stimulating environment.
The school in Buckinghamshire prides themselves on providing a nurturing and inclusive environment for children with SEND allowing for them to succeed to the best of their ability no matter what challenges they may face. The pupils and students have severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties and supports children from the ages of 2-19. The school has excellent facilities and access to a range of resources such as a therapy suite, sensory rooms and gardens.
Experience and minimum requirements for an SEND Teaching Assistant:
- Experience in SEN or with behavioural issues in education is desired and any relevant experience may be considered and SEN qualifications would be advantageous
- Reliability, a positive and enthusiastic attitude; solution focused,
- If you have previously worked with SEN within a mainstream setting, we want to hear from you too
- You must be happy to provide personal care for pupils and students.
Benefits for an SEND Teaching Assistant:
- Great pay
- Comprehensive training and development – including TA to Teach
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Defined benefits pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers and enhanced parental leave schemes
- Cycle to Work Scheme …and many more benefits!
This is a chance to enhance or diversify your own career and move into an incredibly rewarding role within a SEN setting. Applicants with previous experience as an SEND teaching assistant or those with transferrable skills such as the care profession are also welcomed.
Supply Desk is working in partnership with Buckinghamshire Local Authority and represent a host of opportunities in Buckinghamshire and the surrounding areas including Berkshire and Hertfordshire. In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way. Please visit our website www.supplydesk.co.uk.
To take full advantage of this opportunity please forward your CV to email@example.com
or call Waqas Chaudry on: 07917 018329 / 01296 752 499 or Nav Panesar on 07584 632190 for more information.
Supply Desk offer a £100 ‘Golden Hello’ for anyone who introduces a teacher/teaching assistant. Get in touch for further details.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.