Learning Support role in SEN Southampton School
SEN Teaching Assistant – Hampshire
Do you enjoy working with children? Do you have the resilience and patience to work and support special needs students? Are you keen to make a difference to students’ progression in the classroom and for the future?
Working with special needs students is a rewarding career in which you guide and support students who may find everyday tasks challenging. A small SEN school in Southampton is SEN Teaching Assistants to support children ages 6-19 with Autism and SEMH needs.
The school is based in Southampton and promotes the use of restorative learning! Class sizes are very small with no more than 4 per class with multiple TA’s in the class and a qualified teacher!
Hours will be 8.45am to 3.15pm with a lunch break.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist students with their physical, emotional and academic needs.
- Enabling learners to access the curriculum.
- Support the pastoral needs of the learners.
- Be an active part in setting the learning environment.
- Supporting learners on a 1:1 base and part of a small group in a range of activities throughout the day.
- Support with personal care when needed
Benefits for working with Supply Desk:
- Competitive daily rates
- Dedicated consultants 24/7 (We are on call!)
- Continuous support though out your whole journey by a dedicated specialist SEN consultant
- Access to SEND CPD courses
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced CHILD AND ADULT DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.
For more information about this role or to apply contact Becky on 02380 230 340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org