Literacy Intervention Specialist
Literacy Intervention Specialist – Shoreham
Supply Desk are supporting a mainstream secondary school in their search for an engaging Literacy Intervention Specialist to support pupils on a 1:1 and small group basis. The need for this role has arisen as a result of the lesson time lost from the COVID pandemic. The successful candidate will be responsible for helping to raise attainment amongst a targeted group of students and feeding progress back to class teachers. This would be a great opportunity for a recent graduate or somebody with prior school experience.
Start Date: April 2021 or ASAP
Pay: £60 – £80 per day
School Setting: Secondary
Contract Type: Long term, full or part time
The Ideal Candidate:
– Must have a current DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for one.
– Be genuinely passionate about seeing students succeed.
– Experience working in a school or similar setting with young people.
– Calm and flexible approach, adaptive learning style to suit the needs of each student.
– Must have a good knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 English syllabus.
About Supply Desk:
– Refer a friend and receive £100 when they work 5 days with us.
– Regular, ongoing CPD courses such as autism awareness and promoting positive behaviour.
– Your own dedicated consultant who takes the time to get to know you and can offer expert advice.
– A range of roles and contracts available across East and West Sussex.
If you are interested in applying for this Literacy Intervention Specialist role in Shoreham send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give our Brighton Secondary & SEN branch a call on 01273 022 222!