Location: Barking and Dagenham
Start date: Easter 2021 Start
Contract: Long Term, Full Time.
Here at Supply Desk we are looking for a creative and pro-active Music Teacher to encourage and inspire students within Music lessons at an outstanding secondary school in Barking and Dagenham. The role will involve teaching key stage 3-5 pupils.
We are pleased to be supporting a large secondary school located in Barking and Dagenham in their search for an enthusiastic, dedicated and committed Music Teacher. The school has a genuine commitment to the success of its pupils and excellent facilities. They deliver a creative and engaging curriculum recognising students as individuals, playing to their strengths and providing support to extend and develop knowledge where needed.
We welcome applications from experienced secondary teachers and NQTs alike.
What you will do:
- Use a variety of teaching techniques such as whole class lessons, demonstrations, performances and discussions.
- Arranging, directing and conducting concerts and other musical activities.
- Use a range of materials including musical instruments, recordings, music technology, computers, audio-visual aids and text books.
- Organise and direct the whole class, encouraging them to be creative and helping individual pupils as required.
- Set assignments, projects, tests and exams, preparing and carrying out continuous assessment, marking pupils’ work and writing reports.
- Keep good order in the classroom and deal with discipline issues.
- Undertake administrative work which includes keeping a register of pupils.
- Prepare for and attend parent-teacher meetings and staff meetings.
- Sometimes supervising out of hour’s activities such as visits, concerts, rehearsals or social events.
Requirements for the Role:
- Current valid DBS or the willingness to obtain one.
- Hold QTS / PGCE or the equivalent.
- Able to provide two years’ worth of employment references.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to education.
- Able to commute in and around Barking and Dagenham
Benefits of working with Supply Desk:
- Own designated consultant
- Excellent rates of pay
- Pre- books
- Free training
- £100 for referring a friend referral fee for any successful referrals of friends or colleagues who work 5+ shifts
- Bookings in and around your local area
If you would like to hear more about this exciting opportunity, then please give Zoe a call on 01708 209016 / 07435 552169or email your up to date CV to email@example.com
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet safer recruitment standards.