Primary SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
- To support students both on a 1:1 basis and within the class
- To reinforce and support students with their targets
- To support the teaching and therapy staff to maintain detailed case notes of all children seen
- To act as a resource and support for other staff members
- To make and prepare resources for teaching and therapy staff
- To maintain continuous professional development.
We wish to appoint a passionate teaching assistant to join our client’s team and work in close partnership with their teachers, therapists, and teaching assistants. The school is based in XXX and caters for students with SEMH and SEN: some students have additional learning difficulties.
The school has a stimulating, structured and nurturing environment. They have high, realistic and achievable expectations for their students. They create a secure environment for their students allowing them to feel safe.
Required Education, Skills & Qualifications:
We would be delighted to hear from you if you are:
- A self-motivated, dynamic, committed, hardworking individual who enjoys a challenge, but retains a sense of humour
- Forward thinking, innovative person, who always puts the pupils needs first
- Experienced in working with SEMH/special needs pupils and wish to develop your skills and knowledge further
- Interested in working in a progressive, lively school in a rewarding field of education
- Someone who understands challenging behaviour and has high levels of resilience and a positive attitude
- Committed to further professional development
- Able to and enjoys participating in different types of play
- Someone who can take initiative but can also follow instructions
To be considered you must be:
- Passionate about helping children
- Experienced or some knowledge of working with special needs children
- Committed to self-improvement and developing your knowledge
- Enhanced DBS check (or willing to be checked)
- Available for interview
Benefits of working with Supply Desk:
With 17 branches nationwide, you can be sure that our staff will find you the right job in the right location. And if re-location is of interest you, we can help with that too. See our links below for some of the fantastic benefits you’ll receive when you work with Supply Desk.
- Guaranteed Payment Scheme
- Continued Professional Development
- Refer a Friend programme
- National and International Relocation
- Life after Teaching
For more information about this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01273 609 993.
If this isn’t the right role for you, I have an array of positions in the West and East Sussex, so please do still get in touch and we can discuss other opportunities
We are passionate about safeguarding at Supply Desk and as such you will need to undertake our thorough vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview so please ensure you are able to provide th