Supply Desk is pleased to offer a Primary Teacher vacancy in the heart of Oxfordshire. The pay is competitive. Start in September 2019.
The school has worked successfully with local authority advisory, staff and governors. The curriculum is well organised, with not only generally good attention to basic skills but also to the development of skills in other subjects, including religious education which supports pupils’ cultural and spiritual development. However, pupils do not have enough opportunities to apply their mathematics skills to real-life situations and to investigate numbers. Pupils enjoy a good range of out-of-school activities, including different sports.
The right candidate will:
- Have QTS and experience working in a Primary School in the UK.
- Plan work in accordance with EYFS/Primary National Curriculum schemes of work and programmes of study.
- Identify clear learning objectives and specify how they will be taught and assessed.
- Take account of students’ prior levels of attainment and use them to set targets for future improvements.
- Provide clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge.
- Ensure coverage of EYFS/Primary Curriculum.
- Set appropriate and demanding expectations for students’ learning, behaviour and presentation of work.
- Maintain good discipline by adherence to the advice given to staff in the staff handbook and elsewhere.
- Work in collaboration with Learning Support Assistants attached to any teaching group.
- Set work for students absent from academy for health or disciplinary reasons.
- Evaluate own teaching to improve its effectiveness.
- Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use outcomes to adapt teaching accordingly.
- Provide Quality Marking feedback.
- Carry out assessment cycles (e.g. collection of effort and attainment assessments, reports) as agreed by the academy.
- Attend the appropriate parents’ evenings to keep parents informed as to the progress of their child.
- Be familiar with the Code of Practice for identification and assessment of Special Educational needs and keep appropriate records on Individual Education Plans for students.
Whether you are looking for a long or short term role contact Supply Desk for exclusive vacancies that have not been advertised anywhere else. Please call Alicja on 01923295300 or 01494840527 or 01296752499 or email Alicja.Luambano@supplydesk.co.uk
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet safer recruitment standards.