Year 6 Teacher needed for BD22 Are you a motivating and inspiring individual with experience of teaching Year 6?
Do you have a QTS and a genuine love for teaching? If so, we would love to speak with you!
A lovely school in BD22 are looking for an inspiring Year 6 teacher to join their strong and supportive KS2 team. Schools in the BD22 area are only a short distance from good public transport links.
The Key Stage 2 team are hoping to appoint a Year 6 Primary Teacher to join them on a contract basis starting in September 2020. This is a flexible position and will be available full or part-time.
The role will play a pivotal part in the overall teaching plans of the school and assessing and reporting on the development and progress made with pupils.
The role will consist of:
- Teaching all areas of the primary curriculum
- Taking responsibility for the progress of a class of primary-age pupils
- Organising the classroom and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive learning environment
- Planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation
- Maintaining discipline
- Preparing and marking work to facilitate positive pupil development
- Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils development
- Providing feedback to parents and carers on a pupil’s progress at parents evenings and other meetings
- Coordinating activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area
- Working with others to plan and coordinate work
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum
- Organising and taking part in school events, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening
- Liaising with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly in smaller schools
- Working with parents and school governors to maximise their involvement in the school and the development of resources for the school
- Meeting with other professionals such as education welfare officers and educational psychologists, if required
The successful candidate will need to bring the following skills and attributes to the role:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Energy, enthusiasm, patience, dedication, resilience and self-discipline
- Initiative, leadership and supervisory skills and team working abilities
- Imagination, creativity and a sense of humour
- Good judgement and an analytical mind
- A satisfactory health record and criminal record check through the Disclosure and Barring Service( we will assist with obtaining)
If you wish to be considered for this position, please apply now with an up to date CV to email@example.com or call 0113 360991 to speak to our Leeds Primary Branch!