School Behavior Mentor
Intervention Tutors – Behaviour Mentor
Full or part time
January 2021 start
Supply desk is pleased to be working with a good rated school in the Aylesbury area that prides itself on providing a nurturing and inclusive environment for children allowing for them to succeed to the best of their ability no matter what challenges they may face. The key will be for the behaviour mentor to play a crucial role in providing a supportive service to all pupils and their families whose difficulties are providing significant barriers to learning. The school has excellent facilities and access to a range of resources to provide a rich and stimulating environment for the children.
This is a chance to diversify your own career and move into an incredibly rewarding role helping students reach their full potential through positive behaviour management. Applicants should have a passion for working with hard to reach pupils, those who have relevant experience in other similar roles are welcomed to apply. You will be responsible for working with children and supporting their needs as part of a team of dedicated behaviour mentors, alongside a supportive SLT in a rich and stimulating environment.
The role will require the following responsibilities;
- Supporting students in and out of the classroom.
- As a behaviour mentor, you’ll work closely with individuals who are struggling with social, emotional or behavioural problems that affect their ability to learn
- Providing students a positive learning atmosphere
- Managing challenging behaviour in support of the class teacher and wider school environment
- Collaborating with the pastoral and behaviour team to create positive behaviour strategies
- Recording students’ progress and feeding back to SLT
- Intervention on a 1:1 or small group basis
The ideal candidate will have /be;
- Previous experience with behaviour roles
- Good knowledge of SEN and passion to develop
- Able to manage challenging behaviour
- Able to commit to working fixed days
- Has a clear and valid DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
- Have child protection/safeguarding/positive behaviour management training to support students
If you would like to hear more about this exciting opportunity, then please give Matt a call on 01296 752 499/01923 295 303 or email your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Supply Desk is working in partnership with several Local Authorities and represent a host of opportunities in the boroughs of Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire. In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development, we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way.
Due to the overwhelming response to online advertising, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Supply Desk offer a £100 ‘Golden Hello’ for anyone who introduces a teacher/teaching assistant. Get in touch for further details.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.