Science Teacher required in Leeds
Science Teacher required for Leeds secondary school
I am looking for a dynamic and passionate Science teacher to teach at a mixed ability secondary school in South Leeds. The successful applicant will be able to inspire scientific curiosity among pupils, be a team player and teach consistently high performing lessons.
The department are looking for a full time teacher to join an exciting and dynamic department. You must have experience teaching the current GCSE Science curriculum, have QTS & be able to provide references for the last 2 years.
- Working within a high-achieving Science department to create lesson plans that are tailored to children of a mixed ability
- Teaching GCSE curriculum and assisting with students additional requirements if necessary
- Delivering the curriculum in line with the Awarding Body requirements
- Planning and delivering engaging lessons to KS3-4 students
- Setting and monitoring work, alongside marking and contributing to the administrative tasks of the team
- Any other duties of a full time teaching job, including extra-curricular activities and staff meetings
Start date: September 2020
*RATES OF PAY START FROM £120 PER DAY*
MUST HAVE QUALIFIED TEACHER STATUS
I am looking for:
- An outstanding and dynamic science teacher, to teach students across the age range and to instil core values of excellence, inspiration, care and respect
- An individual with high expectations of achievement, and outstanding classroom practice who can instil a passion for Science in others
- A person with highly effective interpersonal skills, energy and enthusiasm, the ability to lead by example, and to further develop the Science Department
- A Science specialist
- A DBS that is on the update service (if not we can assist)
- Able to provide references for the last 2 years
- Attend a registration interview
If you feel that you would be a suitable fit for the position outlined above then please apply ASAP.