SEMH Teaching Assistants needed in Portsmouth
Teaching Assistant – (SEMH)
Full or part time
April 2021 start
Supply desk is pleased to be working with a good rated school in the Portsmouth area that prides itself on providing a nurturing and inclusive environment for children allowing for them to succeed to the best of their ability no matter what challenges they may face. The school is looking for support with its students, and is looking for an excellent support member of staff who has experience/qualifications with SEMH students.
The role will require the following responsibilities
- Collaborating with the teacher and assisting with creating and delivering activities
- Develop a holistic approach to meeting Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs, and enabling learners to make good progress by working with teachers, other support staff, families and external agencies.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans, Risk Assessments, Personal Care and Therapy Care programmes for a designated group/form.
- Establish therapeutic relationships with students and interact with them according to individual needs.
The ideal candidate will have /be;
- Previous experience with SEN or a want to work with children with SEN
- Good knowledge of SEN and passion to develop
- Able to manage challenging behaviour
- Able to commit to working fixed days – full or part time.
- Has a clear and valid DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
- Have relevant training to support students with learning difficulties
If you would like to hear more about this exciting opportunity, then please give Becky a call on 07920088445 or 02380230340 or email your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org