SEN Support Staff – (Visual Impaired) Needed
SEN Support Staff – (Visual Impaired)
September 2022 start
Supply desk is pleased to be working with a good rated school in the Oxfordshire area that prides itself on providing a nurturing and inclusive environment for children allowing for them to succeed to the best of their ability no matter what challenges they may face. The school is looking for support with some of its students, and is looking for an excellent support member of staff who has experience/qualifications working with children with Autism.
The role will require the following responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the teacher and assisting with creating and delivering activities
- Develop a holistic approach to meeting the students’ needs by delivering on action plans and or strategies which will enable learners to make good progress.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans, Risk Assessments, Personal Care and Therapy Care programmes for a designated group/form.
- Work with teachers, other support staff, families and external agencies to provide the best support possible.
- Establish therapeutic relationships with students and interact with them according to individual needs.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Previous experience working with Autism Spectrum Condition children or a want to work with ASC children.
- Good knowledge of SEN and passion to develop
- Able to commit to working fixed days – full or part time
- NVQ in Childcare and education or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- May have had previous experience in residential support work, care or support working in schools
- Someone who has had personal experience of ASC in a school or personal setting
- Team Teach, TEACCH or positive handling training
- Experience of developing independence in young people
- Experience of supporting social and emotional development
- Has a clear and valid DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
If you would like to hear more about this exciting opportunity, then please give us a call on 01923 295 300 or email your up to date CV to email@example.com
Supply Desk is working in partnership with several Local Authorities and represent a host of opportunities in the boroughs of Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Oxfordshire and Hertfordshire. In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development, we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way.
Due to the overwhelming response to online advertising, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Supply Desk offer a £100 ‘Golden Hello’ for anyone who introduces a teacher/teaching assistant. Get in touch for further details.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.