SEN TA required – Central Southampton
Teaching Assistant – (Autism)
Part Time (AMs or PMs) 5 days a week
Start Date : To be confirmed (could be ASAP – however if you have notice please still apply)
Supply desk is pleased to be working with a good rated school in central Southampton that are passionate about developing life-long learners who are excited and engaged by school and who also want to be independent learners. The school is looking for support with one of their pupils who requires someone to work with them on a 1:1 basis, you will need to be a excellent support member of staff who has experience/qualifications working with children with Autism.
The role will require the following responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the teacher and assisting with creating and delivering activities
- Develop a holistic approach to meeting the students’ needs by delivering on action plans and or strategies which will enable learners to make good progress.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans, Risk Assessments, Personal Care and Therapy Care programmes for a designated group/form.
- Work with teachers, other support staff, families and external agencies to provide the best support possible.
- Establish therapeutic relationships with students and interact with them according to individual needs.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Previous experience working with Autism Spectrum Condition children or a want to work with ASC children.
- Good knowledge of SEN and passion to develop
- Able to commit to working fixed days –part time
- May have had previous experience in residential support work, care or support working in schools
- Someone who has had personal experience of ASC in a school or personal setting
- Team Teach, TEACCH or positive handling training
- Experience of developing independence in young people
- Experience of supporting social and emotional development
- Has a clear and valid DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
If you would like to hear more about this exciting opportunity, then please give Becky a call on 02380230340 or email your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org