SEN TA to start ASAP – Winchester
SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant – KS1/2 – Southampton
Supply Desk are working closely with a large primary school in Winchester who are seeking a part time Teaching Assistant to start ASAP!
Hours are: 08:30-12:30 – Monday to Friday on an ongoing basis.
Pay: £10.50 to £12.00 per hour
The role is to work as a TA on a 1:1 basis with a 2 children who have autism, the children require someone who is also a nurturing member of staff to provide them the care and attention they require.
The children are non-verbal and so would also require someone with experience or personal experience of this.
Due to the nature of this role I would be keen to speak to you if you are interested ASAP and I can detail further information.
You will spend to start 1 hour a day with the children and the remainder of the morning will be spent with a class supporting the teacher and pupils. If the children’s progress improves the hours will increase.
The role will require the following responsibilities;
- Supporting the students with reading, writing and numeracy.
- Providing students a positive learning atmosphere
- Managing challenging behaviour in support of the class teacher
- Collaborating with the teacher and assisting with creating and delivering activities
- Recording students’ progress and feeding back to the teacher
- Tutoring on a 1:1 or small group basis
The ideal candidate will have /be;
- Previous experience with SEN or a want to work with children with SEN
- Good knowledge of SEN and passion to develop
- Able to manage challenging behaviour
- Able to commit to working fixed days – full or part time.
- Has a clear and valid DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
- Have relevant training to support students with learning difficulties
We are wanting to interview for the role ASAP so if you are interested please call us now on 02380 230 340/ email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org