SEN Teacher – Oxfordshire – Full Time – September 2020 Start – Special Needs School
The school in Oxfordshire prides themselves of providing a nurturing and inclusive environment for children with SEND allowing for them to succeed to the best of their ability no matter what challenges they may face. The pupils and students have severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties and supports children from the ages of 3-19. The school has excellent facilities and access to a range of resources such as sensory rooms and gardens.
The role will require the following responsibilities;
- Teaching pupils/ students with severe and complex special educational needs and disabilities
- Providing teaching assistants with plans to support individual children
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Collaborating with your team of experienced teaching assistants so they can effectively assist with delivering lessons and activities
- Recording pupils/ students’ progress and planning next steps for individual learning accordingly
- Will work one to one with some students and deliver whole class lessons
The ideal candidate will have /be;
- Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification – QTS/ PGCE or equivalent
- Previous experience with Autism is ideal or in a PMLD school environment
- Good knowledge of SEN and passion to develop
- Able to manage challenging behaviour and complex needs
- Able to commit to working set days whether that is full or part time
- Able to commute to Oxfordshire on a daily basis
- Has a clear and valid DBS orwilling to obtain one
In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way. Please visit our website www.supplydesk.co.uk.
To take full advantage of this opportunity please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Jenny Harrison on: 01923 295 338 / 01494 840527 / 01296 752 499 for more information.
Due to the overwhelming response to online advertising, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Supply Desk offer a £100 ‘Golden Hello’ for anyone who introduces a teacher/teaching assistant. Get in touch for further details.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.