SEN Teaching Assistant – Autism
Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Teaching Assistants
The London Borough of Havering
Immediate / October 2020 start
Do you enjoy working with children?
Do you have the resilience and patience to work and support special needs students (ASD)?
Are you keen to make a difference to pupils/students’ progression in the classroom and for the future?
A specialised school situated in Havering is looking for Teaching Assistants’ who want to work with special needs (ASD)! The school caters for pupils and students from KS1-KS5 who have special needs, particularly Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
The children have a mix of abilities but all are on the ASD spectrum and soma also have other complex needs. Some will be verbal, others requiring support with routines, PECS, Makaton and Signalong.
You will be required to be available at least 2 days a week but full time options are also available and the hours are 8.45am to 3.45pm.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting pupils/students with their physical, emotional and academic needs
- Enabling learners to access the curriculum
- Support the pastoral needs of the learners
- Play an active part in setting up the learning environment
- Supporting learners on a 1:1 basis, within the classroom and working with small groups in a range of activities throughout the day
- Make use of resources such as now and next boards and picture cards to help ASD pupils/ students particularly during transitional periods
To apply for this rewarding role as an Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Teaching assistant in Havering contact Zoe Sedgwick today!
01708 209016 / 07435 552169
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.