SEN Teaching Assistant – Autism
Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Teaching Assistant needed for a Macrh 2021 start
March 2021 start
Do you enjoy working with children?
Do you have the personality to support special needs students (ASD)?
Are you keen to make a difference to pupils progression in the classroom and for the future?
A primary school situated in Buckinghamshire is looking for a Teaching Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a pupil with special needs (ASD) which would include personal care. The school is known for its inclusive learning enviroment.
You will be required to be available 5 days a week but part time options are also available and the hours are 8.45am to 3.45pm.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting pupils/students with their physical, emotional and academic needs
- Enabling learner to access the curriculum
- Support the pastoral needs of the learner
- Play an active part in setting up the learning environment
- Personal care
- Supporting learner on a 1:1 basis, within the classroom and working with small groups in a range of activities throughout the day
- Make use of resources such as now and next boards and picture cards to help ASD pupils/ students particularly during transitional periods
To apply for this rewarding role as an Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Teaching assistant in Buckinghamshire contact Zoe Sedgwick today!
01923 295300 / 07435 552169
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.