SEN Teaching Assistant – M20
SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT REQUIRED TO START IN JANUARY – PRIMARY SCHOOL IN MANCHESTER, M20
Do you have SEN experience with children with challenging behaviours?
Are you resilient, caring and have a nurturing approach?
Are you interested in working within a primary school setting?
Supply Desk are working closely with a primary school in Manchester (M20). This 2 form entry primary school was graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted in the most recent report. This Manchester primary school passionately believe in nurturing their children and helping them to ‘reach for the Stars’. The staff and governors go the extra mile with every child and value their partnerships with the parents, church and community; helping children to achieve their full potential.
As an SEN teaching assistant you would be required work with a child on a 1:1 basis with challenging behaviours. You will work closely with the child to provide additional support, learning and nurturing when the child is showing signs of distress or disruption. The ideal candidate for this role must be patient, resilient and caring. You must have good experience with particularly challenging children with SEMH (Social and Emotional Mental Health) and be able to handle yourself in difficult situations. This can be a very demanding and challenging role but with the right approach and behaviour management skills put in to practice, can also make this job very rewarding.
- SEN experience working with children with challenging behaviour
- Assist the development of the pupil
- Building a rapport
- 1:1 support for a child with challenging behaviour
- Some attention issues leading to challenging behaviour
- Ability to differentiate work to cater for children’s learning on an individual basis
- Support learning in and outside the classroom
- Build effective communication and relationships with the child and other children
- Good behaviour management skills
- Requires patience, resilient and nurturing qualities
- Additional qualifications such as ‘Team Teach’ are desirable but not essential
For more information, please contact us on 0161 832 8092 or alternatively email a recent copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you know other great teachers or support staff? Simply refer a friend and we will pay you £100 for every person you refer to us once they have worked for 5 days.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All of our roles are subject to stringent checks and procedures. To apply for this role you need to provide or apply for an enhanced DBS certificate.