SEN Teaching Assistant – Visually impaired
SEN Teaching Assistant – Visually Impaired 1:1 – Immediate / October start – Full or Part Time – Redbridge
Supply Desk are pleased to be helping a mainstream primary school located in Redbridge in their search for a teaching assistant on a 1:1 basis to support a child with a visual impairment.
A friendly and multi-cultural primary school in Redbridge who prides themselves on helping children to develop their own independence through providing a range of activities to develop necessary life skills. They offer a diverse curriculum and set high expectations of their pupils in relation to doing their best, dress code and behaviour. The primary school has a commitment to providing high quality learning and resources for all children regardless of individual needs, abilities and backgrounds.
The Role – Essential Requirements for a SEN Teaching Assistant – 1:1 – Visual Impaired:
- Providing a calm and nurturing approach
- Previous experience of working with children or in a profession with transferrable skills such as care
- The ability to adapt resources to ensure lessons are inclusive as the child is visually impaired
- Be able to provide lots of sensory experiences inside and outside of the classroom
- The ability to work as a team with the class teacher and another TA to ensure progress is monitored and planned for
- NVQ in Childcare and Education Or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Experience of using Braile
- Previous experience of developing independence in young people
- Experience of using ‘moon’
Please contact us today if this role as an SEN Teaching Assistant in a Redbridge primary school is of interest,
we would love to hear from you!
Supply Desk can offer you:
* Competitive rates of pay
* Recommend a friend bonus scheme
* Out of hours on-call service
* Day to day or long term assignments
To take full advantage of this opportunity please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Zoe Sedgwick on: 01708 209016 / 07435 552169
Supply Desk offer a £100 ‘Golden Hello’ for anyone who introduces a teacher/teaching assistant. Get in touch for further details.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.