SEN Teaching Assistant-Autism
Are you a caring and patient person with excellent communication skills? Are you passionate about impacting children’s lives that need help the most?
Supply Desk are working closely with a school in Oldham specialising in Autism and are looking to appoint SEN TeachingAssistant with experience of supporting children with 1:1 Autism.. This Oldham based primary school are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible SEN Teaching Assistant that can adapt well and wants to have an impact on children’s lives and their future.
About the role:
- SEN Teaching Assistant for children with Autism on 1:1 basis or small group
- Daily rate of £58 and upward
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Assisting in development of pupils
- Encouraging and engaging pupils with Autism
- Working closely with a teacher and following individual plans
- Working on 1:1 basis with Autism
About the school:
- Specialist in working with Autism
- Situated in Oldham
- Well established and accredited
- Warm and friendly approach
- Pupils describe as their “safe heaven”
- Fair treatment with individual plans to match every pupil’s needs
- Endorsed by OFSTED for Leadership and Vision
About the right candidate:
- Previous experience with Autism
- Previous classroom experience as a SEN Teaching Assistant preferable but not essential
- Willing to adapt to a new challenge everyday
- Supportive and open minded approach to working with autistic children with a strong communication skills
- Willing to travel to Oldham due to location of the school
If you are interested in this post in Oldham and have extensive experience working with Autism or have any other experience with special needs, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 832 8092.
Do you know other great teachers or support staff Simply refer a friend and we will pay you £100 for every person you refer to us once they have worked for 5 days.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All of our roles are subject to stringent checks and procedures. To apply for this role you need to provide or apply for an enhanced DBS certificate.