SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching assistant 1:1 – Autistic Spectrum Condition – Mainstream Primary School
Full Time; Fixed Term Contract/ Temporary to Permanent
Easter 2021 start
Supply Desk are seeking an SEN teaching assistant for a start from Easter 2021 and the successful applicant will be:
- Working with a child who has complex needs (autistic spectrum condition) on a 1:1 basis
- Responsible for working with them and supporting their needs
- supporting the class teacher as one of their teaching assistants
- Able to think on your feet to adapt activities to support the child and cater to their needs
- Calm and patient in approach which is a must as this child finds change and transitions particularly difficult.
This is a chance to diversify your own career and move into an incredibly rewarding role within a mainstream primary school setting as an SEN teaching assistant supporting a child with autistic spectrum condition. Applicants with previous experience in an SEN setting, as a 1:1 SEN TA or with transferrable skills from another profession such as elderly care are also welcomed to apply.
This mainstream primary school who are looking to appoint an SEN TA who:
- Prides themselves on providing a nurturing and inclusive environment for all children regardless of different needs, abilities and backgrounds
- Allows opportunities for children to succeed to the best of their ability no matter what challenges they may face
It is a small but friendly and diverse primary school located in Aylesbury who believe laying the foundations during primary education lead to lifelong learning and well-rounded adults. They are active in the community and encourage families involvement within school life. They are extremely supportive of their staff and provide regular CPD and opportunities for team building.
Supply Desk is working in partnership with Buckinghamshire Council and represent a host of opportunities in Buckinghamshire. In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way. Please visit our website www.supplydesk.co.uk.
To take full advantage of this opportunity please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Jenny Harrison on: 01923 295 338 / 01494 840527 / 01296 752 499 for more information.
Due to the overwhelming response to online advertising, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards. (AGY)