SEN Teaching Assistant PMLD
SEN Teaching Assistant – PMLD
>Full or part time
>March 2021 start
Supply desk is pleased to be working with a special needs school in the Berkshire area that prides itself on providing a nurturing and inclusive environment for children with SEND allowing for them to succeed to the best of their ability no matter what challenges they may face. The pupils and students have severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and supports children from the ages of 2-19. The school has excellent facilities and access to a range of resources to provide a rich and stimulating environment for the children.
The role will require the following responsibilities;
- Supporting students with severe and complex needs including Autism and Asperger’s, down syndrome and cerebral palsy
- Providing students with personal care assistance
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Collaborating with the teacher and assisting with creating and delivering activities
- Recording students’ progress and feeding back to the teacher
- Will work one to one with some students
The ideal candidate will have /be;
- Previous experience with SEN
- Good knowledge of SEN and passion to develop
- Able to manage challenging behaviour
- Able to commit to working fixed days – full or part time and to commute to the area
- Has a clear and valid DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
- Able to assist pupils/ students with personal care
To take full advantage of this opportunity in Berkshire please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Zoe Sedgwick on: 01923 295300 / 07435 552169
Supply Desk offer a £100 ‘Golden Hello’ for anyone who introduces a teacher/teaching assistant. Get in touch for further details.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.