SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT REQUIRED FOR A SECONDARY SCHOOL
Manchester, M20 1
Are you a passionate and caring SEN teaching assistant seeking a new role?
Do you have experience working with children with minimal verbal communication?
Supply Desk are recruiting!
We are seeking a SEN teaching assistant to support two young girls with SEN and Speech and Language disorders.
- Working on a 2:1 basis with two young girls in KS3 and 4
- One child is diagnosed with Down syndrome and the other has severe speech and language delay
- Supporting the girls with speech and language alongside the support of a speech & language therapist
- Using visual aids and hand gestures such as Makaton or basic sign language as effective methods of communication
- Full time, temporary position with a possible opportunity to become permanent
- £65-£75 per day
- Manchester, M20 1
- September 2020 start
- Experience working with children with SEN and minimal verbal communication
- Caring and nurturing personality
- Makaton or basic sign language knowledge would be preferred
- PECS experience
- Reliable and consistent
Who are Supply Desk?
- Supply Desk are a nationwide agency working with teaching staff and schools across the UK. We aim to match teaching staff with schools to fulfil our motto of ‘finding a job you love’. With top rates of pay, excellent customer service and commitment to your development with programs like Team Teach, Jolly Phonics and Jolly Grammar, Supply Desk are an agency that will fulfil your needs.
- Supply Desk are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.
- Like you, we are committed to transforming the lives of children through the placement of inspirational teaching staff alongside the promotion of own intervention packages such as Love2Read – a bespoke Reading Intervention proven to boost reading age by up to 2 years
- In addition, refer a friend and get £100 if they work 5 days for us!
If you would like to know more about the role or to apply please send your CV/ covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Manchester branch on 0161 832 8092