Special Educational Needs Support in Cardiff
Are you an empathetic, calm and resilient individual looking to have a positive influence on a child’s life?
Supply desk are looking for a teaching assistant that can provide support to children with SEN in Cardiff. This role would be a challenging but rewarding opportunity for the right candidate, providing a wealth of invaluable experience and a positive environment for a child with complex needs.
This type of role is perfect for those with career aspirations in the care industry or those with relevant degree’s such as psychology, criminology etc. or for individuals with a caring nature who want to have a positive impact on a childs life.
What Supply Desk offers you?
- Paid work/work experience in and around the Cardiff area
- Regular and varied supply work
- Potential long term roles, if desired
- Weekly pay at a rate of £60 – £70 per day
- Weekly availability adjustments so we can find placements that work around you
- Access to CPD training such as; Safeguarding, Team Teach and Autism Awareness
- Fully compliant with Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A team that wants to support you and your future
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A calm, resilient and empathetic attitude toward providing the best possible experience for a child with SEN
- 6 weeks experience of working with children (desirable but not essential)
- An enhanced child workforce DBS check with registration via the update service (This can be completed with us at Supply desk, if not already in receipt)
- EWC registration/willing to apply for EWC registration
- Strong behaviour management and communication skills
- The ability to travel to a school in the Cardiff area by public transport or car
If you are interested in this role or any other roles we may have on offer, please call Supply Desk Cardiff on 02920601860 or forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
As a supply agency we have roles throughout South Wales, including Cardiff, RCT, Monmouthshire, Caerphilly, Newport, Powys, Bridgend, Torfaen, Merthyr, Swansea etc. so, if this role sounds like something for you but not in the right area, please get in touch.
Do you know other great teachers or support staff? Simply refer them to us and reap the benefits of our referral scheme. We will pay you £100 for every person you refer to us once they have worked 5 days