Special Needs Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant – Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) – April 2021 Start – Full or Part Time – Milton Keynes
Supply Desk are pleased to be helping a special needs school located in the Milton Keynes area in their search for a teaching assistant to support children with severe learning difficulties.
The school prides themselves of providing a nurturing and inclusive environment for children with severe learning difficulties (SLD) allowing for them to succeed to the best of their ability no matter what challenges they may face. The school boasts a positive learning environment and has a range of facilites and resources to support students learning and development.
The Role – Teaching Assistant – Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD):
- Providing a calm and nurturing approach
- Previous experience of working with children or in a profession with transferrable skills such as care
- The ability to adapt resources to ensure lessons are inclusive as the children have severe learning difficulties (SLD)
- Be able to provide lots of sensory experiences inside and outside of the classroom
- The ability to work as a team with the class teacher and other teaching assistants to ensure progress is monitored and planned for
- NVQ in Childcare and Education Or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Previous experience of using Makaton/ PECS or Makaton/ PECS trained
- Experience of severe learning difficulties or physical disability
- Peg feeding or epilepsy training would be an advantage
Please contact us today if this role as an SEN Teaching Assistant in the Milton Keynes area
is of interest, we would love to hear from you!
Supply Desk can offer you:
* Competitive rates of pay
* Recommend a friend bonus scheme
* Out of hours on-call service
* Day to day or long term assignments
Supply Desk is working in partnership with Buckinghamshire Council and represent a host of opportunities in Buckinghamshire and the surrounding areas including Middlesex and Hertfordshire. In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way. Please visit our website www.supplydesk.co.uk.
To take full advantage of this opportunity please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Jenny Harrison on: 01923 295 338 / 01494 840527 / 01296 752 499 for more information.
Due to the overwhelming response to online advertising, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Supply Desk offer a £100 ‘Golden Hello’ for anyone who introduces a teacher/teaching assistant. Get in touch for further details.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.