Speech & Language Teaching Assistant
Surround yourself with inspirational individuals as you become a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant at this well supported school in Oldham.
Supply Desk are working closely with a school in specialising in Speech and Language. Start or move forward your career in a supportive environment as you become a Primary Teaching Assistant at this forward thinking primary school in Oldham. The Speech and Language Teaching Assistant will be friendly with a warm nature. They must have a passion to work with others and will have a keen interest to further develop their career in supporting children with complex language barriers.
About the role:
- Working as part of an established SEN department as a Teaching Assistant
- Daily rate of £58 upwards
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Assisting in development of pupils
- Encouraging and engaging pupils with Speech and Language Communication Needs
- Working closely with a teacher to develop pupils to their fullest potential
- Working on 1:1 basis as well as across the classroom
- Working closely with SENCO
About the school:
- Specialist in working with Speech and Language Communication Needs
- Continued commitment to pupils and their families
- Supportive environment with strong leadership skills
- School offers interesting and engaging activities to meet every pupil needs
- Endorsed by parents for amazing level of support to both children and their families
- Oldham based
About the right candidate:
- Previous experience with Speech and Language Communication Needs preferable but not essential
- Previous classroom experience as teaching assistant preferable but not essential
- Exceptional social and communication skills
- Display enthusiasm, be proactive, have lots of initiative and able to prioritise support
- Have a real focus in classes to break down expectations and encourage learning
If you are interested in this Teaching Assistant role in Oldham working with Speech and Language Communication needs children or have any other experience within special needs sector, please email your CV to email@example.com or call 0161 832 8092.
Do you know other great teachers or support staff? Simply refer a friend and we will pay you £100 for every person you refer to us once they have worked for 5 days.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All of our roles are subject to stringent checks and procedures. To apply for this role you need to provide or apply for an enhanced DBS certificate.